Flake ice is directly formed at low temperatures; flakes are as cold as below -80C. Once formed, ice flakes are dry, clean, sanitary and convenient. Ice flakes have no sharp edges so cannot damage refrigerated surfaces. They are easy to store and easy to transport as the result. Ice flakes have a relatively large contact area meaning good contact with items being refrigerated.
- Fisheries – salt water versions available
- Food processing
- Concrete cooling
- Artificial snowfields
- Fresh food preservation
- Interiors constructed from quality, non-corrosive materials to eliminate rust and contamination.
- Stainless steel external cladding enables use in any environment.
- Stationary vertical evaporator to prevent leaking seals.
- Polyurethane insulation to restrict heat transfer and eliminate water penetration.
- Fresh Water Flakers:
500kg to 60 tonne per 24 hour capacity. We offer a 10 year warranty on fresh water evaporators, which are constructed of hardened chrome steel. (Stainless steel is optional in this range.)
- Land-based Sea Water Flaker:
1 to 60 tonne per 24 hour capacity. Our seawater flakers use a stainless steel or aluminium alloy evaporator.
- Marine On-board Sea Water Flaker:
1 to 7.5 tonne per 24 hour capacity. Our on-board marine flakers use a stainless steel or aluminium alloy evaporator.
- A float switch will protect your pump from running dry, and extend its life. Flake ice machines feature automatic salt feeding pulsing pumps, with a 20L container for water softening.
- We offer a 12 month warranty on the gearbox and pumps within our Flake Ice machines.